Wednesday 2 September 2009

And so it goes...

I had spent a few days stretching canvases on a number of stretchers that I had scattered around the place. This included ripping the canvas off a couple of shit paintings from last year, and also stretching over and gluing canvas to some wooden boards that also used to be (shit) paintings, from a looooong time ago.

I hate painting on board for some reason.

Anyhow, I just spent all weekend gessoing and prepping the canvases:


One, two, three layers of gesso on the face, two on the sides, and two sealing the back. On top of that, two layers of thin(nish) yellow (Cadmium Yellow Light) acrylic.

I now have 15 supports of various sizes. The largest must be a good 800mm square. Some of them already have random underpainting on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment